The Russian Geographical Society announces a contest for participation in the profile changes of the following federal children`s centers: «Smena», «Orlyonok», «Oсean» and «Artek».
Children, aged from 10 to years, having an interest in geography, the participants of various projects and expeditions, the winners of competitions and Olympiads on geography, ecology, ethnography, local history and other subjects.
There are meetings with famous explorers, geographers, scientists, wildlife photographers and journalists in the program of the profile changes. The young researchers will become the participants of scientific and educational quests, will observe the state of the environment, will study the basics of tourism and local history.
In order to take part in the first stage of the competitive selection it is necessary to prepare a portfolio. We are paying your attention to the fact that the terms of the competition and profile changes of the Russian Geographical Society are varying depending on the choice of the children's center.
Dates of the profile changes:
• «Smena»: from the 30th of March – to the 19th of April, 2017 (the applications are accepted from the 2nd of February to the 25th of February (inclusively);
• «Orlyonok»: from the 30-31st of May – to the 19-20th of June, 2017 (the applications are received from the 27th of February to the 9th of April (inclusively);
• «Ocean»: from the 24th of June to the 14th of July, 2017 (the applications are received from the 27th of February to the 9th of April (inclusively);
• «Artek»: from the 30-31st of August to the 19-20th of September, 2017 (the applications are received from the 10th of April to the 2nd of July, 2017 (inclusively).
The winners of the contest will be provided with the cards of admissions to the one of the children's centers - «Smena», «Orlyonok», «Ocean» or «Artek».
There took 800 boys and girls from various regions of our country in the profile changes of the Society in 2016.
540 children from 50 regions of Russia visited «Artek», «Smena» and «Ocean» in 2015.
The participants of the profile changes of the Russian Geographical Society are telling:
Anastasiya Kovalenko, Krasnodar:
- Meetings with interesting people - environmentalists, travelers, photo artists, studies in thematic sections, hiking. All that and many other will help us developing in an interesting, diverse science – geography. That is possible that some of the participants of these profile changes will become honorary members of the Russian Geographical Society in future and will make a valuable new discoveries.
Daria Kakicheva, Rostov region:
- I would like to thank all the team of the Russian Geographical Society for the organized profile change. Here I plunged into the wonderful world of geography, each new day was a discovery for me. We had interesting quests, unforgettable meetings with explorers, photographers. The most striking impression was the tour to the hero-city of Novorossiysk. We visited the cruiser «Mikhail Kutuzov», the memorial complex «Small Land». Also we took part in the hiking in the mountains to the Cypress Lake. Two weeks passed as a one day. Two weeks passed like one day. I found new friends, got new knowledge.
Egor Lyalyushko, Transbaikalye:
- There are no boring sciences, especially if you are seeking for knowledge yourself. The science is being made interesting by that kind of atmosphere, that is being created by the people. The Russian Geographical Society opened the door to the wonderful world of geography at the profile change in the All-Russian children`s center «Ocean». I think this profile change became the discovery for all its participants and each one learned from its program something important.
Alina Zhevnereva, Murmansk region:
- Interesting lessons, instructive lectures and meetings are combined with fun games and making new friends at the profile change. Each day was bright, memorable, unique. Falling asleep, I was looking forward to the morning, to quickly find out what knowledge the coming day bears. For these two weeks I met travelers, ecologists, researchers here. I even managed to get acquainted with the Honorary President of the Russian Geographical Society Vladimir Kotlyakov. The geography opened new horizons to me. I want to broaden my horizons more now.