The Organizing Committee of the international educational campaign of the Russian Geographical Society "Night of Geography" summed up the results of the competition for the best campaign venues in 2022.
The organizers of the venues from different regions of Russia and foreign countries sent more than 50 vivid and detailed reports on the events of the latest "Night of Geography". According to the results of the competition, five winners were determined.
- Central Naval Museum, St. Petersburg.
- Murmansk Regional Branch of the Russian Geographical Society.
- RGS Youth Club of the tourism center "Gornostai", Sverdlovsk Oblast.
- Derbent Museum-Reserve, Republic of Dagestan.
- Center for the Development of Youth Initiatives of the Donetsk People's Republic.
The winners will be awarded certificates "The Best ‘Night of Geography’ Event Venue" as well as a set of memorable gifts with the symbols of the Russian Geographical Society.
From June 3 to 5, 2022, the international educational campaign "Night of Geography" was held in Russia and abroad.
As part of the campaign, 541 events were held in 73 regions of Russia and 19 foreign countries (Austria, Azerbaijan, Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Egypt, China, Kyrgyzstan, Israel, Spain, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Donetsk People's Republic, France).
In the Russian Federation alone, 25,505 people took part in the event of the RGS, and another 1,545 people took part in it in foreign countries.
"Night of Geography – 2022" included:
• 60 lectures;
• 31 exhibitions;
• 77 film screenings;
• 144 game events (quizzes, themed games, quests, contests);
• 33 master classes;
• 11 creative meetings;
• 112 excursions (including hiking trips);
• 68 other events, including environmental clean-up, night orienteering, tourist rally, flash mob, Night of Phenological Observations (at 17 venues of the Phenological Network of the RGS).
One of the goals of the competition for the best "Night of Geography" venue is to identify and disseminate interesting experience of holding events.
The competition was held from 6 to 24 June.