Call for applications for the RGS contest "Best Guide of Russia - 2019" extended for five days - until August 20. This means that even more enthusiasts will be able to enrich an extensive collection of video tours in Russia!
Anyone over 12 years old can take part in the competition. And also both professional guides and amateurs will be able to take part in the contest. The main thing is not the "guide" experience, but a creative approach and a sincere desire to tell the whole world about their small home.
Participants of the competition have to make a two-minute video - a bright, informative, authentic mini-tour of a city, a museum, a nature trail - and upload it to the project website: лучшийгид.рф.
Nominations of the contest "The Best Guide of Russia" this year:
- “The Best Guide. Museum". This is about the history of museum collections and their collectors, amazing facts about the exhibits and buildings in which they are stored, legends of the great patrons of art and creators of museums in Russia.
- “The Best Guide. City". The nomination is for those who prefers the streets of his/her native city, town or village, full of sounds and images of the past, to museum storerooms. Not only stories are important, but the author's approach to the presentation, the ability to tell about a street, a house or a monument in his or her place of birth in unusual and fascinating way.
- “The Best Guide. Conductor". This nomination is for people who can conduct an excursion along ecological paths, specially protected natural territories, extreme, mountain and natural routes, find a path to rare flowers, tell where it is better to listen to an oriole, where the largest porcini grow and where the most picturesque view of the valley opens.
- "The Best Guide. Up to 18 years old". This is for young lovers of their native land who are able to make an interesting video tour of their favorite places (from 12 to 18 years old inclusive).
- The special prize "Moscow Guide" from the TV channel "Moscow 24" will be awarded to the best story about the Russian capital.
The videos will be evaluated by a competent jury of the competition: professionals in the field of tourism and travel journalism. Among them are well-known TV hosts John Warren and Valdis Pelsh, President of the Russian Tourist Guides Association Alexander Osipov, President of the Nizhny Novgorod Guild of Guides Ekaterina Leschanova, Chief Editor of the Vokrug Sveta magazine Sergey Apresov and others.
The winners will be announced at the RGS Festival in Zaryadye park in September. They will be the heroes of the cycle of documentaries on the “My Planet” TV and all residents of Russia will see the author’s excursions. The best guides of the “adult” nominations will receive a money prize of 100,000 rubles, and the winner of the “children's” nomination will become the owner of a video camera.
The All-Russian contest "The Best Guide of Russia" is held by the Russian Geographical Society together with the "My Planet" TV channel and the "Mayak" radio station. Its goal is to find the most enthusiastic and talented guides able to captivate the inhabitants of the whole country with the beauties and sights of their region. The contest is held since 2017. In the two previous years, the site лучшийгид.рф received more than 1,300 works - unique video tours of the most picturesque and interesting places in Russia.