In Ufa, a "Knight of the Forest" award ceremony was held. It is awarded to those who protect wildlife, who fight against poaching and rescue rare animals. 39 people were awarded this year.
There are seven categories of the award:
• hunting inspectors, fish inspectors, foresters, employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, environmental prosecutor's office, hunting farms;
• employees of specially protected natural areas;
• employees of research and educational institutions engaged in research and protection of wild animals and their habitats;
• citizens engaged in the protection of wild animals and their habitats on a personal initiative, on a voluntary basis;
• government officials, deputies, employees of municipalities, business representatives;
• publishing houses, editorial offices of magazines, radio stations, TV channels - for a series of the most significant publications, programs;
• journalists, writers, photographers - for the best works, articles, photographs.
Traditionally, a scientific conference on protection of wild animals and their habitats in the Republic of Bashkortostan was held before the award ceremony.
The Foundation for the Promotion of Citizens and Organizations Involved in the Protection of Wild Animals has existed since 1993. It was founded by Kamil and Tatiana Ziganshin. Their main goal is to support state and public environmental inspectors, foresters, nature park guards, promote the importance of these professions. Since the "Knight of the Forest" award was established, 500 people have been awarded.
"There are no random people in the hall, because all of us are united by love of nature, concern for wild animals and preservation of their habitat. Fortunately, this love is confirmed by deeds, "said head of the regional branch of the Society in Bashkortostan, founder of the Wildlife Protection Foundation, writer and traveler Kamil Ziganshin. " Three people were posthumously awarded. I want to remind you of their names: Alexey Korobanov, Pyotr Semyonov, Nikolay Rassolov. These are people who gave their lives to fight against poaching and violations of environmental laws."
The first-degree prize was given to: Ayaz Kilmetov, a chief expert of the Neftekamsk Service for Protection and Use of Wildlife Obiects, Ekaterina Bogdan, the head of the Laboratory of Especially Protected Natural Areas of the Scientific Research Institute for Safety of Life of the Republic, the staff of the Laboratory of Geobotanics of Plant Resources of Environmental Projects of the Institute of Biology, head of the Abzelilov branch of the Society Ildar Khabirov, director of the Forest Protection Center Andrey Krestyaninov, a correspondent of the newspaper "Ekorost" Elizaveta Barkhatova, a pupil of the 6th form of Ufa school № 16, correspondent of the newspaper "Ekorost" Nikita Volkov, the editorial staff of "Sterlitamaksky Rabochiy", senior editor of TRK "Bashkortostan" radio studio Saima Mazitova, correspondent of the Public Electric Gazette Elena Kolokolova.
The Grand Prix of "Knight of the Forest" was given to Aleksandr Volkov, Deputy Head of the Laboratory of Specially Protected Natural Areas of the Research Institute for Safety of Life.