On February 17th, 2020, opened the submissions for the Russian Geographical Society Award. The award honors successfully implemented projects: the results of scientific research, descriptions of expeditions, innovative ideas in the field of education and enlightenment, popular science films, television projects, and publications popularizing geography and related sciences.
The award was established in 2014 and is held once every two years. The winner of the Award in each category receives a cash prize of 500 thousand rubles. Throughout the competition`s existence, awards were presented to 22 laureates.
When can I apply?
Applications are accepted from February 17 to June 1, 2020.
Where to send the application?
An application can be sent by filling out the registration form on the official website of the Russian Geographical Society.
Who can apply?
Citizens of Russia, as well as foreigners, if their projects are dedicated to Russia.
What projects can be submitted?
The results of scientific research, descriptions of expeditions, innovative ideas in the field of education and enlightenment, popular science films, television projects and publications popularizing geography and related sciences.
What Award categories can the submissions be sent to in 2020?
- The best scientific project. Results of research projects in the field of geography and related sciences.
- The best historical and cultural project. The results of projects in the field of archeology, ethnography and related sciences aimed at the study, restoration, preservation and popularization of historical and cultural monuments.
- The best educational project in the field of geography. The results of educational and enlightenment projects in the field of geography and related sciences.
- The best expedition to Russia. Results of field research, including underwater, in the field of geography and related sciences.
- The best environmental project. The results of projects aimed at the study, restoration and conservation of the environment and biological diversity, as well as the promotion of the sustainable use of natural resources.
- The best media project. Popular science and documentary films, television, Internet and radio projects, print publications in the field of geography and related sciences.
- The best youth project. The results of scientific, expeditionary, environmental, educational and enlightenment projects in the field of geography and related sciences, the leaders and / or participants of which are persons aged 14 to 35 years.
- The best tourism project. Project results on the development of domestic and inbound tourism in Russia, including projects in the field of ecological, active, cultural and educational leisure, such as: tourist routes, tourist and recreational complexes, events, large-scale tourist attractions, guidebooks and more
What is not allowed?
It is not allowed to nominate for the Award the projects which have previously received the Society`s awards. The projects implemented in violation of the laws of the Russian Federation, containing insulting information, as well as information that contradicts moral principles and generally accepted values, are not considered.
How will applications be evaluated?
Assessment takes place in two stages. At the first stage, the applications will be evaluated by the expert group of the Award. The best projects judged by the experts will be presented to the jury of the Award, which will select three finalists, and then a winner in each category. The Award Jury is in the process of being formed. Traditionally, it will include the heads of leading research institutions of Russia, famous scientists, politicians, artists, and journalists.
Over the years, the members of the jury were Olga Solomina, Director of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Scientific Director of the Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology RAS, Valery Tishkov; Dean of the Faculty of Geography of Lomonosov Moscow State University, Sergey Dobrolyubov; First Vice President of the Russian Geographical Society, traveler, Arthur Chilingarov; cosmonaut, Sergey Ryazansky; TV presenter, Nikolai Drozdov; directors Nikita Mikhalkov and Emir Kusturitsa; Director General of the All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, Oleg Dobrodeev; and many others.
When will the results be known?
The award ceremony will be held in autumn 2020. On the eve of the award ceremony, the names of three finalists in each category are announced.
You can ask questions by e-mail: premiyargo.ru