The line of guests wishing to get to the Russian Geographical Society Festival have been lining up in front of the Central House of Artists from the very morning. The smallest of the visitors was one year old, and the oldest - 89 years old! And everyone found something of their interest.
Guests of the Festival comment:
Lyudmila Levanchuk, Senior Lecturer of Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
- My girls are very happy with the children's program - they visited all the biggest exhibitions of the Festival, participated in masterclasses and thereby filled the "Map of discoverers." For a completed map prizes were given - colorings with images of rare animals. Kids loved it! And I myself got great pleasure from visiting the Russian Geographical Society Festival. I would like to thank the organizers. The exhibitions are amazing!
Olga Makarenko, student
- My friends and I wanted to see the mammoth, we came to see it. The exposition is very impressive! And we were told many interesting things about this ancient animal!
Igor Borisov, teacher
- I have brought my pupils to the Festival. I wanted my kids to see the variety of nationalities and cultures of our country, they are well presented here. It is very important that almost all of the exhibits can be touched. So the boys are now learning to knit knots, and the girls are watching carpets being woven and try herbal tea.
Olga Kuznetsova, 4 years
- I liked being ... arch.. arch ... (her mom tells her: «Archaeologist») I found something in the sand myself! (She talks about the exposition of the archaeological and geographical expedition "Kyzyl - Kuragino", where there was an excavation prototype. - Comm. Ed.)
Sergey Agapov, retired
- I used to work as a newspaper photographer, and I came here with my grandchildren to show them nice pictures. I really admired it, and the boys got lost in the bathyscaphe and explored expeditions stands. They especially liked the exhibition dedicated to the island of Gogland.
We bring to your attention a photo report from the second day of the Festival.