Lecture Halls

Subscribe to RSS - Lecture Halls

Central Lecture Hall of the RGS, named after Yu.M. Shokalsky, is one of the oldest in the Northern capital of Russia. Such outstanding scientists and travelers as Lev Semenovich Berg, Stanislav Vikentievich Kalesnik, Nikolai Ivanovich Vavilov, Alexey Fedorovich Treshnikov, Lev Nikolaevich Gumilev, Tur Heyerdahl and Yuri Alexandrovich Senkevich spoke from its rostrum.

It opened on November 10, 1938 with a lecture on the traveler and scientist Nikolai Mikhailovich Przhevalsky, which was read by the chairman of the Geographical Society of the USSR, geographer, oceanographer, cartographer, honorary academician Yuli Mikhailovich Shokalsky. Later, the lecture hall was named after him.

The 200-people hall in the historical walls of the Russian Geographical Society is equipped with all modern technical equipment for large events. The lecture hall holds meetings with famous travelers, scientific discussions, forums, contests, film screenings and concerts.

The entrance to the Central lecture hall of the RGS named after Yu.M. Shokalsky is free. Its doors are always open for those who are interested in geography, history and culture of our country.

The Moscow Lecture Hall of the Russian Geographical Society opened on April 4, 2011. The hall, with a holding capacity of 70 people, is fully equipped for lectures, seminars, press conferences, roundtables, master classes, intellectual games and film screenings.

The lecture hall program is designed in such a way as to satisfy the needs of attendees of various ages, interests and training levels.

Everyone can attend events for free - just follow the announcements and register for them in advance.