Admission to Membership of the Russian Geographical Society
1. Persons (physical or legal) wishing to join the Society should send an application for membership to the regional branch of the Society that they intend to join, or submit it through the website of the Society via the Internet.
2. When applying for membership of the Society, an applicant must pay an entrance fee (1000 rubles) and annual (300 rubles) membership dues for the current year. The amount and procedure for payment of membership dues are determined by the decision of the Congress of the Society.
3. In addition to an application for joining the Society, an applicant should provide a copy of the document confirming the payment of entrance and annual membership dues for the current year.
4. A legal entity, in addition to an application for membership of the Society and a copy of the document confirming the payment of membership dues should provide copies of the following documents certified by the head of this legal entity: the charter of the legal entity, the document on the selection (appointment) of a person entitled to act on behalf of a legal entity without the authority of the power of attorney, as well as a statement from the national registry of legal entities dated not earlier than 5 (five) calendar days prior to the date of the application.
5. A document confirming the payment of entrance and annual membership dues must contain the full name/ name of the payer, the purpose of payment and the name of a particular regional branch of the Society.
6. After the application is submitted, a physical or legal person becomes an applicant for membership of the Society
7. The application will be considered by the Board of the regional branch of the Society, which takes a decision on accepting or refusing the applicant to join the Society.
8. An application for membership of the Society received from an applicant directly by the regional office or through the Society’s website is considered by the Board of the regional branch within six (6) months from the date the application was submitted to the Board of the regional branch.
9. When the Board of the regional branch of the Society makes a positive decision, the applicant becomes a member of the Society.
10. A new member of the Society is notified of the decision on acceptance (or refusal) to the membership of the Society by the regional branch of the Society, which has taken such a decision within 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date of such a decision.
11. If an applicant receives a negative decision (refusal) to the application for membership of the Society, the applicant who has paid the fees has the right get a refund of the amount paid. The refund will be made based on a written request, by transfer of funds to the bank account specified by the applicant no later than 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date the Society (a regional branch of the Society) receives the written request.
12. Admission to the Society is confirmed by a membership card (for individuals) and a certificate of membership (for legal entities)
13. A membership card or certificate of membership is issued to a member of the Society in person at a regional branch of the Society.