RGS Award 2021
On October 19, 2021, the Russian Geographical Society Award ceremony was held in Moscow. The prestigious prize was given to the most striking and successful projects in the field of national geography, ecology, conservation and popularization of natural, historical and cultural heritage.
Applications for the Russian Geographical Society Award were accepted from February 17 to June 1, 2020. The award ceremony was postponed to 2021 due to the deterioration of the epidemiological situation in the country.
In 2020, the Award was presented in eight categories.
Winners of the 2020 RGS Award:
1. The best science project: Atlas of Russian Caves (Moscow)
2. The best historical and cultural project: "Common cause: Revival of wooden churches of the North" (Moscow)
3. The best educational project in the field of geography: "Educational expedition" (Moscow)
4. The best expedition in Russia: "The main face of Russia: History, events, people". The results of complex expeditions of the Northern Fleet in the Arctic archipelagos (Murmansk Oblast)
5. The best environmental project: A program to create a semi-free population of the Przhewalsky's horse in the Orenburg State Nature Reserve (Orenburg Oblast)
6. The best media project: The documentary "Sockeye Salmon: Red Fish" (Bryansk Oblast)
7. The best youth project: The A.A. Leonov Diving Center (Republic of Tatarstan)
8. The best tourism project: Tourist route "Dyatlov Pass — source of the Pechora — Manpupuner Plateau" (Perm Krai)
Special prize in the category "The best educational project in the field of geography": Travelling around Russia with a "magic pencil" (Moscow)
The RGS Award is a prestigious award in the field of national geography, ecology, preservation and popularization of the natural, historical and cultural heritage of Russia, as well as support of popularizers of geographical science and education. It was established in 2014. It is held once every two years and has an international status.
The Award is given for successfully implemented projects: the results of scientific research, outstanding expeditions, innovative ideas in the field of education and enlightenment, popular science films, television and publishing projects on geography, nature conservation, ethnography, history and culture of Russia.
An individual or organization from any country of the world can apply for the Award, provided that the project is dedicated to Russia.
For more details about the stages of the Award, the procedure for filing applications, the principles for evaluating applications, please, see the 2020 AWARD CONCEPT.
You can ask questions by e-mail premiyargo.ru.