Grand Gold Medal for scientific proceedings
About the Medal
The Grand Gold Medal for scientific proceedings is awarded every 2-3 years for the following services:
- Important geographical feat, the commission of which is associated with difficulty and danger;
- Conducted scientific expeditions in Russia and other countries, if their results became widely known and contain completely new and extremely important information in the field of geography;
- Outstanding research in the theory of geography, contributing to the further development of geography as a science;
- Works, which led to substantial improvement of the methods used in the geographical research, the successful application of them in practice;
- Works on various branches of geography, which shed light on the fundamentally important and major challenges of geography;
- Long-term and successful proceedings in the field of geography, if they collectively deserve the award of all four name gold medals, but have not yet been awarded yet.
The Society Grand Gold Medal for scientific proceedings is awarded only for name works, regardless of whether these works are committed on the personal initiative of the author, or on behalf of the state, public or commercial organization.